Open Nav

Buildings and Contents Insurance

Learn How To Cover Your Building and Its Contents

Building and contents Insurance covers the cost of your assets in the case of damage from events such as floods, fires and vandalism. There are varying levels of cover you can choose from and our guides will help you secure the right insurance for your property and personal valuables.


Do You Need Building Insurance On A New Build?

You’re preparing for your big move to your new build property. You’ve jumped through all the mortgage and conveyancing hurdles – so what’s left? Insurance! In this guide we’re covering…

Read More

Can I Change Home Insurance At Any Time?

Moving house and looking for a home insurance deal, but worried about committing to an annual contract? You may find a better quote further down the line, or may even…

Read More

Who Pays Building Insurance – Landlord or Tenant?

Part of being a landlord is knowing what responsibilities fall on your shoulders vs your tenants. In this article, we’re specifically covering building insurance and whether the landlord or tenant…

Read More

How To Claim Building Insurance

If any of the structural components of your building or fixtures and fittings have suffered from damage, you’ll want to know how to make a claim on your building insurance…

Read More

Can You Insure A Building You Don’t Own?

There are several instances where you may want to insure a building you don’t own. For instance, you may want to help out an elderly relative and save them the…

Read More

What Happens To Home Insurance When You Move House?

In the process of moving house? We know there’s a lot to think about, and one consideration is what happens to home insurance when you move? Does it automatically move…

Read More

What Is Home Insurance?

For most, their home and everything contained within it is their most valuable asset. Home insurance can go some way to protecting the value of your home. While home insurance…

Read More

Is Home Insurance Mandatory?

Home insurance is mandatory up to a point. Remembering that home insurance splits into buildings and contents insurance, the former can sometimes be part and parcel of your mortgage offer….

Read More

Do I Need Building Insurance For a Flat?

If you’ve just bought a flat, you may be wondering whether you need building insurance? Aside from doing all the unpacking and getting settled into your new abode, there is…

Read More

Do You Need Contents Insurance If You Rent?

If you’re renting, it can be easy to assume that contents insurance would be covered by your landlord. But this isn’t always the case. Whilst buildings cover is normally provided,…

Read More