Open Nav

Buildings and Contents Insurance

Learn How To Cover Your Building and Its Contents

Building and contents Insurance covers the cost of your assets in the case of damage from events such as floods, fires and vandalism. There are varying levels of cover you can choose from and our guides will help you secure the right insurance for your property and personal valuables.

Posted On: January 25, 2022

Do You Need Building Insurance On A New Build?

You’re preparing for your big move to your new build property. You’ve jumped through all the mortgage and conveyancing hurdles – so what’s left? Insurance! In this guide we’re covering whether you need building insurance on a new build.

Do you need building insurance on a new build?

Yes! Just like with any property purchase, it’s highly recommended that you get building insurance. For many mortgage lenders, this can be a requirement to ensure the value of your property is protected against damage caused by flooding, fire or burglary.

It’s also recommended that you get separate contents insurance to cover all your personal items and valuables within the property.

You can get both building and contents insurance from an insurance broker. They can research the market to find the best policies for new build properties and will take your budget and coverage requirements into account.

Once you have insurance in place, you can sit back and put your feet up as the proud owners of a new build property that’s protected.

Are there other protection products for a new build?

To protect against any builder-related faults with your new build, you should receive a new home warranty. This covers you against defects and structural damage for 10 years. You should make sure a professional snagging survey has been carried out before you move in to avoid any issues further down the road. This ensures any visible problems or inconsistencies are noted and resolved before you move in.

Speak to Agentis today

We can help with your new build property purchase. If you’re looking for a mortgage or for building insurance, get in touch today to book your free initial consultation.